Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tucson Gem Show




Venetian Glass





This last week I spent a couple of days in Tucson at the fall gem show. Two days of nothing but beads, beads, beads. It was wonderful. I met up with Pamela Richards from WWJ group on Friday. We had a wonderful time. It was great to meet you Pamela.





Large focal bead

Right before I left I stopped by a booth that had hand blown venetian glass. I wasn't going to buy anything until I saw this bead (above) The red and blue just screamed at me. Maybe I was inspired or maybe I was just tired, but I picked up four beads. These are absolutely stunning. There are two smaller beads that will be used in a pair of earrings and there are two large focal beads.



Large focal bead

I purchased lots of wonderful beads. Turquoise, iolite, black onyx, and carnelian just to name a few. My poor DH just shook his head when I got home. Now that I have had a few days to rest and go through everything that I purchased I am ready to get to work on some new jewelry.